Collection of your Personal Information
Ncontracts may collect the following types of information from you.
1. Information you provide to us directly: Ncontracts may collect personal information that you provide to us directly through your use of the App in connection with the Event, such as the following:
• your name
• contact details, including (without limitation) your email address telephone number
• your password
• employment information
• social media links,
• communication preferences
• your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses
• messages you send to other participants through the App
• the content of your posts to group discussions and activity feed posts (if offered)
• data related to your participation in Event-related activities (if offered)
Please note that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the App’s messaging applications and public channels of communication made available to you through the App, this information may be collected and used by others.
2. Information we may collect and/or receive from third parties: We may also collect information about you from third-party business partners, publicly available sources, and our subsidiaries and affiliates, such as the following:
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time);
• products you viewed or searched for;
• page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
• technical information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile App sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page you visited before using the website or App, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the website or App, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, device information (including device identifiers and estimated geographical location), language preferences and cookie data.
• other publicly available personal data, including any shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed) when these are selected for display on screens at the Event.
3. With consent: We may use your information for any other purpose for which you consent.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this notice.
We may use a third-party service (e.g., Google Analytics) to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns on the registration page and App. We do this to find out things such as the number of people using the registration page and App and the popularity of content within the App. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We use the anonymizeip feature to anonymize your IP address and limit the amount of identifiable data is collected. We do not make, and do not allow the third-party service to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Ncontracts encourages you to review the privacy statements of any websites you choose to link so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share information. Ncontracts is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content posted on websites outside the App and associated website(s) used to provide the Event.
Use of your Personal Information
Ncontracts may collect and use your information for the following purposes:
• to understand who is attending the Event;
• to meet your needs at the Event;
• to make a tailored Event App available to you;
• to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
• to verify your identity;
• to send you announcements about the Event;
• to send you notifications of private messages received through the App;
• to better understand your needs and how you engaged with the elements of the Event;
• for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
• to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
• to inform you of products or services available from Ncontracts and its affiliates;
• to protect and enforce our rights, property or safety of us or others; and
• as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulation if we reasonably believe disclosure is required.
Ncontracts does not sell, rent or lease your information to third parties.
Ncontracts will only disclose your personal information without notice if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to with a legal order or to comply with legal process served on Ncontracts, (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Ncontracts, or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Ncontracts, or the public.
Security of Your Information
Ncontracts secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Ncontracts secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Control of Your Account Information
You may update your account information and preferences at any time by logging in to your account and changing your profile settings.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) gives California “residents” who are “consumers” specific rights to their “Personal Information” as each of those quoted terms are defined in that law. These rights are subject to exceptions and limitations stated in the CCPA, including financial information covered under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”). We will refer to such California residents and consumers as “you.”
To the extent the CCPA applies to Ncontracts in connection with your use of the App and related services, if you are a California resident, you have a right to request that we (i) disclose certain information to you regarding our collection and use of your Personal Information, and (ii) delete Personal Information that we collect or maintain, subject to exceptions in the CCPA.
1. Right to Know. You may exercise this right to know by sending us a “verifiable consumer request” showing that you are requesting your own Personal Information. If you have an account with us, you may submit the request by accessing and filing out our interactive webform at https://help.ncontracts.com/s/ncontractssupport. We will verify your request based on your access to the Service. We will also require that you re-authenticate yourself before we disclose your Personal Information to you. You may make this request twice in a 12-month period.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request we will respond within 45 days, or if we need more time, we will tell you why and how much longer (up to an additional 45 days) we will need. We will then disclose to you the following information:
• The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
• The categories of sources for the collected Personal Information;
• Our business purpose in collecting that Personal Information;
• The categories of third parties to whom we have shared that Personal Information;
• Specific pieces of Personal Information we collected (also known as the data portability right); and
• If we disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list of the Personal Information categories for each category of Personal Information Disclosed.
If you do not have an account with Ncontracts, please submit your request to: https://help.ncontracts.com/s/ncontractssupport. To verify the identity of persons without an account, you must provide us with (1) your name and email address (we may require more information depending on the circumstances), and (2) a declaration, signed under penalty of perjury, that you are requesting your own Personal Information. We will attempt to match your identity with information in our possession.
2. Right to Delete. You also have the right to delete Personal Information we collect or maintain, subject to exceptions in the CCPA, including information covered under the GLBA. You may exercise this right by making a request. You may submit your verifiable consumer request to delete your Personal Information the same way that you submit your Request to Know (see above). In addition, when we receive a request to delete, you will be required to send us a second request confirming your desire to delete. When the requirements for deletion have been met, we will tell you the manner in which your Personal Information was deleted and disclose that we will maintain a record of this request, as required by the CCPA.
Certain aspects of the Event—such as payment processing and Event management software—are provided in conjunction with third-party service providers. In such cases, we may need to share your personal information with such third parties in order to provide Event-related services. In this instance, please note that certain Event-related services may be unavailable if you do not consent to disclosure of your personal information to third parties necessary to the provision of such services.
Where our services make use of hosted tools, hosted data storage, and payment services provided by third parties, any of your personal information stored by such third parties shall be subject to their privacy provisions. At this time, these third parties include:
(i) EventMobi - We use Event management software provided by Event Mobi to carry out Event registrations, coordinate Event activities, and to communicate information to Event users and attendees. To learn more about EventMobi’s privacy and data-protection policies, please visit https://www.Eventmobi.com/privacy-policy/ and https://www.Eventmobi.com/security/.
(ii) Stripe – We use Stripe to handle all payment processing for registration fees and other payments that originate within the EventMobi software application. To learn more about Stripe’s privacy and data-protection policies, visit https://fastspring.com/privacy/.
Links to Other Websites