Human Resources: Navigating Change with Empathy and Effectiveness
Cathy Guthrie, Ncontracts’ Executive Vice President, Human Resources, was recently featured as one of the 10 Most Inspiring Women of Influence in 2022 in Insights Success magazine, a publication dedicated to quenching entrepreneurs’ thirst for the latest technology and business news and providing a platform for fast-growing companies.
It’s no secret that an effective HR department is essential to a company’s success—especially a company that is in growth mode, continually evolving and recruiting new talent. In addition, HR departments have been navigating everything from a pandemic that prompted a huge shift in workplace structure to the hottest job market in decades.
Key HR Initiatives to Navigate Change
Cathy and her team have risen to these challenges, while maintaining a positive, supportive attitude and aspect throughout. Here are a few key initiatives that HR has rolled out during Cathy’s tenure, as a way of knitting the Ncontracts team together:
- Launching our company intranet, Nformed, with company information and articles on relevant topics
- Forming a brand-new employee-led diversity, equity & inclusion committee
- Establishing partnerships to support the mental health and well-being of employees
- Introducing a new recognition and reward system that empowers Ncontracts employees to call out great experiences with fellow team members and award points for fun gifts
- Instituting a formal management training program to support and educate existing managers while singling out and nurturing potential new leaders in the company
These are just the things we see—HR is constantly working to support the Ncontracts team! We are thrilled that Cathy's agile, empathetic leadership has been recognized. As Cathy points out, “The financial services industry is going through monumental upheaval right now—from new regulations coming from Washington DC to external threats like cyberattacks and ransomware. It’s exciting to be helping to lead a company that’s directly in the middle of this challenge helping our customers not just mitigate the risk in their bank or credit union but turn that risk into a strategic advantage. And what’s best is that at the core of achieving this goal is ensuring our people—our biggest and best asset—are set up to help us win—while achieving their own goals as well.”
Read the full article to learn more about how her modern take on HR has shaped Ncontracts not only in the company, but in the community and in the financial industry at large.
Cathy's Reading List: Like most executives at the top of their game, Cathy is in constant learning mode—here are the books she recommends for those who want to learn how to create and maintain a great company culture:
- It’s Your Ship by Michael Abrashoff
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
Read the full article here
Topics: News & Updates